Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Funny the way it is

How is it that I let so much time pass in between blog posts?! It's been atleast a year since I've last posted anything, man oh man how time flys! I'll try to recap very quickly so you all can catch up with me ;)

Like always I've been living and learning. As far as the relationship business goes I'm done with that for a good while. My last official relationship lasted for almost 2 years. I learned alot about myself and people in general.. There was an underlinig reason that I ended it, but as time goes on more and more reasons surface. The main reason were that we both were on a different path in life. He wants to stay in good ole IN, get married and settle down. My desires couldn't be more opposite! I'm on the fast track of making a career and traveling! So, I ended it.

Living the single life couldnt be better as of now; although in the past 8 months I've delt with more drama and craziness that I ever thought possible coming from one person... But I've had some times of my life and have definitely changed. Its sad to say my views toward men and relationships have takin a sour turn. But I'm desperately trying not to hold past wrongs against new people... It's a difficult task to say the least. It doesn't help the situation that I've become very emotionally detached , which no matter what people say, it's no way to go through life.

But in a lighter note I've had the opportunity to travel!! This past march I made my way out west :D. And how that has lifted my spirits and fueled me you will never know! I visited CO, Vegas and UT... Snowboarding was def the highlight! To jump off a 10/15 foot cliff drop into fresh white pow makes my soul sing!! Which reminds me, that is one of my occupations now. Yes, I am a Snowboard instructior and I love it with all my heart.. Which is why in 2 years I plan to move out west.. That gives me enough time to save up some money and finish my tattoo apprenticeship.

Which brings me to another big change in my life, I am also studying to become a tattooist!! Could I ask for a better job!?(besides snowboarding, of course). I think not!! I love it to death, to say the least. I'm constantly challenged artistically and I get to meet people from every walk of life.. Needless to say my priorities are straight! :) I'm concentrating on me, what makes me happy. It may sound selfish, but if you aren't happy how do you expect in influence others in a positive manner??

A few more things before I wrap this up... I am finally living on my own, with my best friend in the whole wide world as my roommate. Horses have taken to the back burnner, doesnt mean I have lost my passion for them, I just don't have the time and resources at this point in my life. My 21st birthday is in 8 days!!!!!! (bout to get wild, haha) oh and I'm on a mission to transform my body to the one I've always wanted... Workout 24/7!! Until next time, I'm Brit.. And this is my life.

No comments: