Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Countin the days till colder weather...

It may seem crazy that I'm dreaming if snow in the middle of summer; but none the less it's true. Last night I found myself shopping for a new snowboarding coat for the season, along with watching boarding videos... This definetly didn't help my longing for snow! I'm so stoked for this season it's not even funny.

Last year I concentrated hard core on my technique, stance, and all around carving. I am super excited to report that this year I'll be throwing my self full force at the park, determined to get down rails/jumps. I'm eager to learn more and also get my level one in instructing. Even though I've only been boarding for 2 years(not counting this season) it's somthin that I am truly passionate about... My only regret is that I wish I woulda jumped into the sport sooner.

My goal this season is to become all around comfortable and confident in the park; even though some of my favorite boarders will not be there to teach/join me :(. All I can do is squeeze every little piece of info and tip out of the remaining instructors...

Which reminds me, we are going to have a whole new staff up at the peaks!!! More than half of our old crew left last year... Which sucks ass.. But this means, way more people to get to know!! It's gonna be a whole new family(hopefully with less drama)

Another upside to this season..?! I'll be old enough to chill in the bar, that's right, I can now legally snowboard drunk!! Which reminds me, dont do that, it'd a bad idea haha. Needless to say I'm looking very much forward to this season, I know I'm going to be a huge influence on the noobies(muhahahaha) even though I'm only a second year myself.

I'll fo sho give you all glimpses of what it's like to work at a ski resort... It's quite a party..

Peace out for now.. I'm Brit, and this is my life.

No comments: